- Leaked Images of Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Looms on the Internet
- Limited Edition Cricket World Cup 2011 Version of LG Optimus One launched
- Evernote for Android Updated; Improved UI, New Features & More
- Vodafone now lets you set Callertune using Facebook
- BlackBerry Messenger might be arriving to Android and iOS on June 27
There are many ways to check Indian Railways PNR status using mobile phone. Here are the 5 best and simplest methods mentioned.
Checking PNR using 3 Digit SMS Short Code:
This service is officially provided by IRCTC but the only downside of using it (3 Digit short code) is, you will end up paying premium SMS charges
- Send an SMS with the text PNR followed by the PNR number (without any spaces) to 139
For ex.: “PNR2528794587” to 139
- Alternatively, you can use other short code of Indian railways – 5676747
Send an SMS “PNR<space><your PNR number>” to 5676747
For ex.: “PNR 2528794587” to 5676747
Checking PNR by SMS using 10 digit regular mobile number:
If you happen to check your PNR status for about 3-4 times a day at a specific time interval, then you may find the previous tip quite useless, as you will be billed at premium rates for sending SMS to the mentioned 3 digit short codes. Here is another service by Google that lets you check PNR by sending an SMS to a regular 10 digit Indian mobile number:
- Send an SMS with just the PNR number to “9773300000”
For ex. SMS: “2528794587” to 9773300000
Checking PNR status using your GPRS enabled phone:
If you have a data plan enabled on your mobile, then just point your mobile browser to www.indianrail.gov.in and put your PNR status on the “Check PNR” field.
Checking PNR by Calling Indian Railways Helpline:
In case you prefer calls over SMS and GPRS, then you have another option. Just call the Indian railways helpline at 139 and follow the IVRS (Interactive Voice Response) to know your PNR/booked ticket’s status.
On a side note, if you are looking to check your PNR status from a computer system, you may use websites like Erail.in or the official Web site – Indianrail.gov.in