- Upcoming Google Nexus Phones’ Rumors Roundup
- Android 4.2, Quad-Core Processor based Xolo Q700 Launched for Rs. 9,999
- Japan made Fujitsu Smartphone F-074 debuts in India, courtesy Tata Docomo
- Opera Mini 6 and Opera Mobile 11 now available for Download
- Google’s New Nexus Device – Nexus 4 is now official; Here’s its Price, Features & Specifications
Airtel launched its first mobile wallet service in the country “Airtel Money” in Guragon. This service makes paying bills and purchasing items easy without using money or any credit or debit cards. Mobile wallet has been rapidly improving in recent years and now implemented in most of the Asian and European countries.
Where Airtel Money can be used:
- Pay monthly bills like Mobile, Gas, Electricity, Finance bills etc.
- Pay at Super Market, restaurants and Coffee shops.
- Pay while booking movie and travel tickets, Shopping online at Rediff and Indiatimes.
To use Airtel money, you need to..
- Exchange your SIM and get a new 64K airtel money enabled SIM.
- Fill a form in nearby Airtel Money location with id proof and photographs.
- In Airtel Money SIM application create password to activate Airtel Money.
- Give cash to Airtel Money Retailer to load money to your account.
How to use Airtel Money:
- To use it go to Airtel money SIM application and select Pay Shop and enter Mobile Number and Amount.
- Enter the password to confirm.
- That’s it now you will receive SMS confirmation.
During the launch of Airtel Money, Mr. Atul Bindal, President – Mobile Services, bharti airtel said:
The mobile phone is fast emerging as a device that enables our lives in more than many ways. Taking this a step further, we are proud to launch airtel money as a first-of-its-kind service from a telecom operator, that transforms the mobile phone into a secure and convenient wallet which customers can use to load money and use it for shopping and making payments. We see a huge potential for mCommerce services in India and are confident that the launch of airtel money will facilitate a paradigm shift in the way consumers transact
Airtel has established partnerships with some of the shops and restaurants in Guragon which will increase up to 3,000 shops. Airtel also has plans to make it in other Metro cities soon. Market for mobile payment is expected to reach $600 Billion by 2013. NFC (Near Field Communication) that uses contact-less method to also has great part in mobile payment and being implemented in many countries. To know more you can visit airtelmoney.in.