- Samsung Galaxy Y Duos Lite Vs Micromax A57 Ninja 3 Vs 3 other Competing Products; Detailed Comparison and Our Take
- No SMS Blackout Days for Reliance Customers!
- Is the Android Based HTC Phone on the way to India?
- Foursquare 3.0 for Android and iOS brings Recommendations and Rewards
- Jio 4G Website goes Live, Lets you Register Interest for Early Preview
In one of my recent post, I already mentioned that BSNL 3G services are launched in my town and its charges, but unfortunately I could not start using the services right away after getting my 3G SIM as there were some minor glitch.
But finally after a day I could manage to try hand on this 3G technology and here are the details mentioned
BSNL 3G Speed Test Results:
I already had an unlimited data plan on my CDMA number and enjoyed it, but inconsistent data speeds in GSM network (at least in BSNL) disappointed me. Unlike CDMA, the data connectivity and speed in BSNL 3G remains very inconsistent and the download speed I got initially was very low, around 20-30 Kbps that gradually increased to 300-400 Kbps and a maximum of ~1450 Kbps where as the upload speed hovered at a max of 100 Kbps. Here are some screen shots of the speed test conducted using an iPhone and an Android based phone.
Though the service is very inconsistent, personally, its not a bad deal as the 3G tariff plans are very reasonable starting from around 275 rupee for 0.5 GB of free usage beyond which customers will be charged Rs. 1/- per MB. Refer my earlier post for complete BSNL 3G tariff plans.
BSNL 3G Settings:
Once you have 3G services activated on your number, you can start using 3G services by punching in either “bsnlnet” or “gprseast.cellone.in” as the APN on data settings section of your phone. (replace ‘east’ with your region, for ex. ‘west’ for Maharastra and ‘south’ for Chennai/Tamilnadu)
Well, before you start using the services, you need to take care of the following things:
- You have a 3G supported phone with 3G signals receiving on it (Check for the letters ‘3G’ on extreme top of your mobile screen)
- You have 3G services activated on your SIM
- There is at least 50 rupees of balance remaining on your phone (incase you are prepaid subscriber)
- And finally you have configured your phone correctly with the above mentioned APN.