- Bharti Airtel strikes deal with Apple; Release date of iPhone 3GS in India is still Unconfirmed
- Micromax Launched Touch-screen Android phone – Andro A60 for Rs. 7000
- The Wildfire Experience; HTC Wildfire – Review
- Walkthrough of the Available SmartPhone Operating Systems – Their Advantages and Disadvantages
- Nokia S60 Themes to Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson
Reliance Communications has announced the launch of Samsung Galaxy i899, which is the first Android powered CDMA mobile in the Indian market. This android based touch screen smartphone allows access to data in social networking sites like Facebook, Orkut, MySpace, YouTube, etc at an amazing speed of upto 3.1 Mbps. It even has built in Wireless Broadband support which allows customers to access Android Market to browse and download thousands of exclusive, free and powerful third-party applications on this platform.
Reliance Mobile customers upgrading to Samsung Galaxy i899 will get Free Data Usage on Reliance Netconnect Broadband+ – 10GB for 1 month for prepaid customers and 15 GB per month for 2 months for post paid subscribers.
Vrajesh Shelat, Head of Handset & Data Services, Reliance Communications, said
The launch of Samsung Galaxy i899, Smart Phone, is in line with our strategy to offer next-generation services with unmatched voice clarity, hi-speed wireless data network access and ultra-fast application downloads on India’s largest and only nationwide CDMA mobile service to Reliance Mobile customers”
The following are the Specifications of this phone :
- Display: 3.2″ HVGA, 16M color, AMOLED with touch screen panel
- 3.2 MP camera with Auto-focus and LED flash
- Bluetooth 2.1(HSP/A2DP) / WiFi / USB 2.0
- Internal memory 230 MB
- expandable upto 32GB through microSD slot
- Download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps and upload speeds of up to 1.8 Mbps
- Preloaded Apps : Android Market, Google Maps, Facebook, Gmail, Google Talk, MySpace, Orkut , YouTube
Samsung Galaxy i899 is priced at Rs 19,900. It is the best smartphone a CDMA user can currently purchase in India.