Many people have a wrong notion that its not possible to get a customized ringtone in an iPhone without purchasing it from iTunes store. But creating and using a customized ringtone in your iPhone is just a few seconds’ task. Here is a simple step by step procedure to create customized ringtone for your iPhone using your PC or mac.
Softwares Needed to Create Customized iPhone Ringtone:
- iTunes (7 or higher)
- Necessary song to be used as ringtone in .MP3 format (.MP3 is tested, you may try with other formats too)
Procedure to Create iPhone Ringtone:
Just follow these simple steps or have a look on the video below to understand the procedure to create customized iPhone ringtones:
- Open the song or tune (that you want to make ringtone of) in iTunes
- Play the song and note down the ‘from’ and ‘to’ time that you want to make ringtone clip and then right click on the song, hit ‘get info’ button. (Note: Ringtone clip for iPhone cannot be longer than 30 seconds)
- As shown on screenshot below, go to ‘Options’ tab and enter the start and end time of the song you want to use as ringtone and click ok.
- Now double click on the song icon and then right click on it and choose ‘Create AAC version’
- Again right click on the duplicated file (AAC version) and hit ‘Show in windows Explorer’ option
- Now just rename the extension of the file (AAC converted file) from ‘.m4a’ to ‘.m4r’
- Double click on the .m4r format and you should now see the clip on the ringtone section of your iTunes library
- That’s it, you are done. Just sync your iPhone and iTunes library ‘ringtone section’ and you should find the ringtone on your iPhone 🙂
If you feel the above procedure is complicated, you may have a look on the video demonstration too.
Video Demonstration of iPhone Ringtone Customization:
If you still have problem, feel free to drop a comment here.