Foursquare that has 7.5 million users and half a billion check-ins launched new version of the app for Android and iOS platforms. Foursquare 3.0 brings new features in recommendations, leader boards and rewards.
Features of Foursquare 3.0
- “Explore” tab that recommends places nearby by categories based on popularity among friends and others.
- “Me” tab on the explorer lets you to seek guidance from the friends on categories and places nearby.
- New leader board with points for discovering new places, trying new types of restaurants, visiting new cities and more.
- Specials offers when you check-in as swarms, with groups of friends, regularly, as a newbie, if you become a mayors or simply to everyone.
- List of places that offers special offers for different categories.
New Blackberry app will be available this week but not version 3.0. Version 3.0 for Symbian and WP7 will also be out soon along with the long-awaited photo sharing and comment features.
Platform: Android (1.6 and above), iOS (3.0 and above)