- BlackBerry Messenger might be arriving to Android and iOS on June 27
- Unlimited calling plan is back in Reliance
- Vodafone Launches Social Networking Application for various Mobile & Computer Operating Systems
- Get Reliance Lifetime Prepaid at Throw Away Price! [Breaking]
- Lava launches Android smartphone – Xolo A500 for Rs.6,999
HTC Wildfire, a mid-range smart phone having Android 2.1 OS, will soon be receiving the Android 2.2 Froyo update as T-mobile and HTC has already started rolling the update to its in European customers. HTC had 3 major Android phones running the 2.1 version being the Desire, Legend and the Wildfire. The HTC first updated the Desire with Froyo and quite recently updated its Legend Smart phone. Even though Wildfire will currently be updated only in Europe, HTC promises to update it in all countries of the world by February 2011.
(Image via Electricpig.co.uk)
Improvements in Froyo Update for HTC Wildfire:
- Wi-fi hotspots
- Improved performance
- Minor other updates and tweaks for cameras
Though unfortunately, as per rumors, due to hardware limitations, the upgrade will not be supporting Flash-lite and live wallpapers.
The following is a press release from the company via Facebook:
We know many of you have been asking for information about an update for your Wildfire. Well, we have good news! Android 2.2 (aka Froyo) on Wildfire is scheduled to begin rolling out this week in Europe, reaching all areas of the world by February. Thanks for your patience as these updates roll out; we think you’ll enjoy the final product.
If you have any other questions please feel free to ask here. We will share as much information as we can. Thanks for your patience and for being a HTC customer!
So lets hope, for the sake of all of Wildfire’s fans and users, that the 2.2 Android update will be available in India by February.