- Micromax A110 Canvas 2 Starts Selling in India! Here’s the Complete Specifications
- Few Tips that can Prevent your Mobile from being Hacked
- Google’s New Nexus Device – Nexus 4 is now official; Here’s its Price, Features & Specifications
- Samsung launches New Wave & Omnia Phones in India
- Amazon brings Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle tablets to India
Presenting this brilliant App – ‘Crowd Call’ for Android and iOS that lets you make free calls to India, US, Canada, UK and 40 Countries worldwide even without paying a single penny. All you have to do is download the app (link at bottom) and follow 5 simple steps mentioned below. The App then calls you (the caller) on your pre-designated number and connects to the person whom you wish to talk.
Best part being, unlike other VoIP and free calling tools available in-town, the calling party need not compulsorily have the app installed on his phone.
Steps for Making Free Calls:
- Download & install Crowd Call on your Android or iOS based smart phone (download links on the bottom)
- After installation, when asked mention your phone number
- Under the ‘Crowd Call’ tab, using the number pad or contacts button, put/select the contact number of person you wish to call (including ISD code – +91 in case of India) and hit the call (green) button
- Within seconds you’ll receive an International call on the number that you provided during installation of the app. Answer the call, listen to voice instructions from the caller and hit ‘1’ from your phone dialer.
- Wait for another couple of seconds before Crowd call automatically connects you to the person you wish to talk to. Enjoy!
I’ve been personally using the app since past couple of days and it works pretty flawlessly. As far as the number of free calls that can be made, it is 10 calls a day. For me each call lasted for about 10 minutes but many other users report that they get ‘unlimited talk-time’ for every call successfully connected. The app also has several other appreciable features such as Call schedule, Conference Calling, etc.
If you are on Android or iOS do give it a try and let us know your views about the same.
Links: Official Website
Thank you Akshay Deshpande for the tip.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How many calls can be made for free?
The official website states that you can make 10 ‘free’ calls daily
- What are the charges for making these calls?
As mentioned earlier, you get to make 10 calls for FREE every 24 hours.
- What countries can I make the calls to?
If both the parties of the call are from any of these 40 countries, he/she can make use of these free calling facility
- Do I need a smart phone to use this service?
Just to initiate the call you need an Android or iOS based smart phone
- How is the call quality like?
As good as they are in traditional calling method – land phone / cell phone. This is probably because connections are made through local carriers and not VoIP solutions as mentioned on the official website