- LG Unveils World’s Fastest & Dual Core Smart Phone – LG Optimus 2X
- RechargeItNow: Recharge Your Prepaid Mobile Online
- Facebook device HTC ChaCha launched in India for Rs.15,990
- Corby Speed: CDMA Version of Samsung Corby Released in India; Price, Specs & Offers
- Spice launches Slimmest Indian Smartphone – Stellar Virtuoso Mi-495
[Update: As per the comments received, this service doesn’t seem to be working any more. You can subscribe to our email newsletter to get notified about any such tricks in the future]
If you have a working computer (with a headset) and can access Internet on it, then you can make free PC-to-phone call to any mobile/landline number anywhere across the world. Just download and install Skype onto your computer, register for a free account and follow the simple steps mentioned below.
If you are wondering about a string attached to this trick, then there is NO catch in using this trick to make calls world-wide, though there’s a limitation that you can talk for 5 minutes each time you place a free call but it doesn’t matter how many times you call the same number after getting disconnected. Basically this service is free as you’ll be made to listen a 20 seconds advertisement. 🙂
Steps to Make Free International Calls:
- Go to ‘Call phones’ option at the bottom left corner of Skype window
- Hit the county flag drop down option and and choose ‘United States’ and call on the toll free number – 8003733411
- Follow the voice response system and say ‘Free calls’ when prompted, listen to a 20 seconds advertisement and then system will ask you to enter the number you want to call.
- Now, using the dial pad, punch in the number that you want to call along with its country code. For example, if you want to call to an Indian mobile number then use this format – ‘91987654321’
The call will automatically get connected but will be limited for just 5 minutes, though you can again follow the same procedure and call back the same number. There’s no limit in the number of calls you make. At times, the service remains busy, in such case you can try following the same procedure. The trick is completely working and tested!
Link: Download Skype
(Image credits: Conferencing Solutions)