Before going ahead and discussing more about the recent changes on Mobile Gyaan, I wish all our blog readers and well-wishers a very Happy and Prosperous New Year ahead. May you get all the happiness and success you wish for yourself.
Mobile Gyaan’s New Theme and Avatar:
For the past few months, this change was much needed and I am happy we are finally up with an elegant theme and a decent new logo for Mobile Gyaan (much thanks to our designer friend – Dnyanesh Mankar & coder – Arjun Kumar)
Apart from the new logo, we have also worked on the theme of this blog (full screenshot) to give you a refreshingly new look along with various important features and performance improvements as listed below:
- Minimalistic homepage with support for post thumbnails on the home page, archive pages, author pages, etc.
- A featured posts slider on home page with several past posts that we think would come handy to every mobile phone user
- Few new widgets on sidebar, FB Like widget, etc.
- Bread crumb navigation support on posts and pages
- Threaded comments and ajaxified comment submission (comments submission without reloading the page) for better interaction experience
- Many more performance improvements on the back-end that you’ll eventually experience after browsing the site for a while.
I am a Full-time Blogger
This year (May 2010) I completed my graduation and since then I had options such as higher studies, job or professional blogging to go ahead with. After a lots of brain-storming sessions for couple of months, I finally decided to drop out of CA (Chartered Accountancy) and take up blogging as my full time profession. I am very much thankful to Rahul Bansal, Amit Bhawani, Yogesh Goel, Anoop Sir, Nalin Jain and few other friends who helped me take this crucial decision of my life. Not to forget, I am also thankful to my parents who allowed me take this step (though it was really hard to convince them). Presently I am also pursuing 2 post-graduation courses that I don’t think would take up much of my time and let me remain active here on MG. I also extend thanks to our co-writers – Kartik, Srivatsan, & Saurabh who helped sail MG while I was busy with my academic studies.
As am already into MG fulltime, you can expect more of mobile ‘gyaan’ here on this blog and as usual, I’ll try my best to keep posting stuff that you readers would love to read. Apart from that, also wait for an exciting announcement later today (will be posted as another post).
For the year 2011 we have these targets which we can fulfill with you readers’ love:
- Be one of the best portal in India for mobile related news, help, tips and tricks
- Have at least a million page views per month by the year end
- Grow our subscriber base (email readers) to 10,000 from ~2500 (while writing this post)
- Help max. numbers of mobile users (who are getting harassed by several telecom operators’ bad services in India)
Your comments and suggestions
After all its you readers who keep us going with nice feedbacks and criticisms. Please keep them coming to help us grow and serve you with the best quality articles. You can use the contact form to reach us or mail us at: mail[at]mobilegyaan[dot]com. If you have any suggestions or want to report any bug in this theme, please use the comment form below.
Subscribe to Mobile Gyaan
I take it as an opportunity to let you all know the various ways that you can keep yourself connected with Mobile Gyaan and stay up-to-date with latest posts from Mobile Gyaan:
- Subscribe us for daily email news digest (Free email updates delivered to your inbox)
- Follow us on Twitter
- Join us on Facebook
- Subscribe for free SMS updates (Via Google SMSChannels)
SMS from your mobile:
ON<space>MobileGyaan to 09870807070
Wish us luck
We believe in doing rather than just talking. So here I stop writing and request all of you readers to wish us Good luck and help us accomplish the targets mentioned above.
Wish you all a Happy New Year again. 🙂
Founder & Editor-in-chief