In one of my recent posts, I mentioned about rumor of a Google phone running on Android OS. The rumor turned out to be a reality and the phone is in fact named ‘Nexus One‘ and reportedly, Google employees have already had their hands on this first Google phone – Nexus One. Here are the complete specifications of Nexus.
Specifications of Nexus One:
- 3.7″ WVGA OLED touch screen
- Dimensions (in mm) – 119×59.8×11.5 (Yes, that’s thinner than an iPhone and also less wide)
- Android 2.1 OS
- 512MB of RAM and ROM each (Upto 32GB expandable with Micro SD Card)
- 5 megapixel camera with autofocus and flash (Isn’t that great for mobile?)
- Wi-fi, Bluetooth, HSDPA 900/1700/2100 support
- AGPS, Compass & Accelerometer
The only thing, I think missing on this great Google phone is support for multi-touch screen as in the iPhone that makes browsing experience on a phone really incredible.
Images of Nexus One:
Video Demonstration of Nexus One:
Here is a 5.18 minutes long video clip demonstrating the Google phone:
Launch date and expected price:
As per rumors floating in the web2.0, Nexus One will be launched on the first week of January 2010 itself (January 5th to be precise) and it will be sold unlocked for around $199 with T-Mobile and AT&T. As per a recent article in Gizmodo, an official document relating to Nexus one has been leaked and its price, as per the leaked official documents, should be around $530 for unsubsidized/unlocked phone and ~$180 if contracted with T-mobile for 2 years.