In a recent announcement, Nokia India has launched its latest product in its Asha line of phones – Nokia Asha 205. It’s an entry level priced device with some specialties like a dedicated Facebook button (for quick FB access), QWERTY keyboard for easy typing, 40 paid games per-installed, strong battery life, etc. The phone will be available for purchase from December 24th and will be priced at Rs. 3,499 during launch.
Key Features of Nokia Asha 205:
- Dedicated Facebook Button – Looks like its the USP of this Asha product. The dedicated FB button would let you access your Facebook timeline in a single touch of the phone
- QWERTY keypad – Since its a phone dedicated for Facebook lovers, the QWERTY keypad would surely come handy
- 40 paid games from EA pre-installed – As mentioned above, the phone would add up as a gaming phone as well since it comes with 40 paid games from EA per-installed and free of cost
- Huge battery backup – As per company’s claims, the phone’s battery would give a standby backup of upto 37 days
- Pre-installed productivity apps – Includes Twitter, Gmail, eBuddy Chat, etc.
Specifications of Nokia Asha 205
- Dual SIM phone (supports only 1 SIM simultaneously)
- Dimensions – 112.8 x 61.1 x 13 MM
- Weight – 94 Grams
- 2.4″ TFT screen with resolution of 320 x 240 pixels (167 PPI)
- Connectivity options – GPRS & EDGE
- 64 MB internal storage, expandable upto 32 GB with micro SD card for storing data like music, games, etc
- Camera – VGA
This phone could be a good buy for messaging freaks and people who love to stay connected with friends in Social networking websites but have low budget. Since the phone lacks 3G support and quality camera, it may not be a suitable device for professionals though. Overall, we would say, given the price tag under 3.5K INR, Nokia Asha 205 is a good buy.