In an international event held at New Delhi earlier today, Nokia has launched a new phone in its Asha series namely Asha 501. Unlike other Asha series phones, this phone has a completely revamped ‘swipe based’ UI named as ‘Fast lane’ (check video below). The phone has a 3 inch TFT capacitive touch screen and will be available in 2 versions, a single SIM and a dual SIM supported model. Highlight of the phone being it will come with free Facebook access via FB app and browser on many operators worldwide, Airtel being one of them in India.
Nokia Asha 501 is basically targeted at feature phone users and intends to connect these users to the Internet.
Features & other highlights of Nokia Asha 501
- 3″ capacitive touchscreen phone
- Dimensions – 99.2 x 58 x 12.1 mm
- Weight – Single SIM version – 98g / Dual SIM – 98.2g
- Micro SIM based (first in Asha series)
- UI – Asha series platform with special swipe interface
- Comes with 3.2 MP camera
- Memory – 128 internal, 4GB SD card bundled which is expandable upto 32 GB
- Connectivity – WiFi, Bluetooth, Micro USB charging/data transfer, 2 MM charging, 3.5 MM AV jack
- Battery life – upto 17 hours talktime and 48 days standby
- Comes in 6 color options
- Tie up with ~50 operators worldwide for free Facebook access
- Priced at $99 (should be launched in India for approx Rs. 5500-6000)
- Will be available from June