Nokia is the major developer of Symbian mobile phones. Symbian ^ 1 phones like 5800, N97 and 5230 are most popular Symbian handsets in the market. Symbian ^3 that was announced couple of months back is the open source Symbian platform. Nokia announced its first Symbian ^3 device Nokia N8 which be available in Q3.
Features of Nokia N8
- Better Screen resolution – Nokia goes Samsung & HTC way by using AMOLED screen which gives better brightness and contrast than TFT.
- With already available features like Proximity sensor and Accelerometer sensor now there is Multi touch interface with features like drag, flick and pinch zoom and Scratch resistance Screen.
- Record and play videos at 720p (16:9) up to 30 fps and LED video light for video recording.
- Faster ARM 11 680 MHz processor and 3D Graphics (OpenGL 2.0) accelerator helps to do more multitasking and 3D gaming easy.
- HDMI out with Dolby Digital Plus audio that makes movie viewing great on TV and can easily connected to Laptops and even Projectors.
- 12 MP cameras with Carl Zeiss optics, Xenon flash, face and smile detection.
- Data transfer rate of 24 Mbit/s with Bluetooth 3.0.
- Now forget double tap to play a song in music player or opening a contact. Single tap to open anything with Single tap interaction model.
- Customizable multiple home screens with separate widgets for each screen. Switch to another screen with a Flick.
- Uploading videos and unified home screen access of Twitter and Facebook made easy with Nokia Social Client.
- Edit images and videos with inbuilt photo and video editors and watch TV streaming with web TV widgets.
- Music integration with radio which makes easy to find the song playing and to buy it.
- Now connect your mobile phone to External Hard disk and other device directly with “USB on the Go” feature.
More Details about Nokia N8 and Symbian ^3.