Olive Telecom, Guragon based company launches OliveSmart V-S300 android phone in India. This is the first phone to run on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) in India. Other main feature is HSPA+ support that can offer speed up to 14Mbps.
Specifications of OliveSmart V-S300
- 4.1 inch, 800 X 480, 262K WVGA TFT LCD, Capacitive touch screen.
- Multi touch support, Accelerometer, Proximity and Ambient light sensor.
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) out of the box.
- 1Ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255 Processor, Adreno 205 graphics engine.
- CMOS 5 MP camera with flash and auto focus (720p video recording) , secondary 0.3 MP front facing camera.
- 3G HSPA+ 14.4 Mbps HSUPA, Bluetooth 2.1 EDR, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, GPS, DLNA.
- 2GB ROM (eMMC), 512Mb RAM, Expandable up to 32GB with SD card.
- 1400 mAh Li-Polymer Battery with Talk time of 380 Mins (2G) / 300 Mins (3G) and 300 hours Standby.
There are lots of other features like in-built MapMyIndia with lifetime subscription for navigation, bundled channels like Colors, MTV, UTV Bindaas, UTV Bloomberg & UTV movies with 6 months free subscription from Zenga TV, 3D UI for applications, games and maps.
When launching the phone Mr Arun Khanna, Chairman, Olive Telecom said
We are pleased to introduce a breakthrough convergence device which is more than a conventional smart phone and offers cutting edge services that will appeal to generation-Y. This Android phone promises to be a game-changer with its rich looks and advanced features like 3G HSPA+, Android Gingerbread, Adobe Flash (10.1), DLNA, HD video and surround sound. With our sizeable R&D investments in the Olive Convergence range of mobile computing and communication devices, we are well-positioned to compete with the world’s leading brands.
This phone is sleek with just 9.9mm and supports Android 2.3 out of the box. 1Ghz and processor with graphic engine is great but 512MB RAM is not enough these days which is the main drawback. Priced around Rs 20,000 this phone is also available with Aircel with exclusive data plans and value added services.