Initially introduced by Tata DoCoMo, the much hyped ‘Pay-per-second’ mobile calling plan has now hit MTS mobile too. Remember the CDMA operator giving away 100000 minutes free talk-time as promotional offer for its new customer? Yes, its the same operator – MTS Mobile that has followed DoCoMo in introducing the ‘Pay-per-second’ plan with a plan- Msaver 52 pack.
What is Pay-per-second plan?
Under this ‘Pay-per-second’ system, a customer just needs to pay only for the number of seconds he/she had the call conversation for, unlike any other traditional system of paying for 1 complete minute or 30 seconds when you just had a talk for only 1 second or 2 seconds!
M-Saver 52 Pack
For availing the pay per second billing system, a customer needs to recharge his mobile with a one time pack of Rs. 52 called as MSaver Pack. The details of he pack are as follows:
- MTS Customer needs to recharge with Rs. 52 for just one time for availing the pay-per second tariff
- Outgoing local calls to MTS mobile will be charged 1 paise for 2 seconds
- Outgoing to any other local calls would cost 1 paise per second
- And outgoing to any other STD numbers, would be charged 2paise per second
Tata DoCoMo or MTS for pay-per-second plan?
Though, MTS tried its best to follow DoCoMo’s concept, but still we would prefer to stick up with DoCoMo as there are several other advantages in DoCoMo over M-Saver 52 pack of MTS which are listed in brief here:
- First of all a MTS customer needs to recharge with Rs. 52 for availing the 1 second tariff plan and there’s no such requirement in DoCoMo
- For STD calls made via DoCoMo, a customer needs to pay only 1 paise per second but its double in the case of MTS. Yes, as mentioned above, its 2 paise per second!
- Apart from low calling tariff and activation charges, DoCoMo has its presence in much more areas/telecom circle as compared to MTS and growing faster than MTS
We at Mobile Gyaan, would recommend DoCoMo over MTS because of some of the major issues about MTS mentioned above. Do let us know your thoughts these plans.