Alas, the rumor mill can take rest. Samsung’s finally announced the Galaxy S4 Active, a water and dust resistant variant for the Galaxy S4 smartphone.
Galaxy S4 Active’s got IP67 water and dust protection certificate. The body is designed in a way to keep it fully sealed from dust particles out and protects against water damage for up to 30 minutes of submergence at a depth of one meter. It comes equipped with a water-resistant earphone jack. The 8-megapixel rear camera comes with ‘Aqua Mode’ that can be used for better underwater images & video and the volume keys can be used as a camera key. Also, there’s ‘Glove Touch’, which means the touchscreen can be fully operated while wearing gloves.
- 5-inch 1080p TFT LCD display, 443 PPI
- 1.9 GHz quad-core processor, 2GB RAM
- Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash, 2MP front-facing camera
- Dimension – 139.7 x 71.3 x 9.1 mm, weight – 151g
- 16GB internal memory (11.25GB user memory), expandable memory up to 64GB
- 4G LTE /3G, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n ac, WiFi Direct, GPS, NFC
- 2600 mAh battery
The Galaxy S4 Active will be available in Urban Grey, Dive Blue and Orange Flare colors. It will go on sale this Summer starting from U.S. and Sweden. There’s no official word on pricing yet.