Back in October last year, Airtel in collaboration with Twitter launched a service using which all Airtel customers could Tweet via SMS without needing to have an expensive data activated phone. SMSTweet is a similar service launched by a Bangalore based startup that helps you tweet by sending an SMS to a 10 digit mobile number.
How to use SMSTweet?
- Link your twitter account with SMSTweet either by visiting SMSTweet.in or sending an SMS “REGISTER <twitter username> <twitter password>” to 09220092200 (Mumbai) or 09243000111 (Bangalore)
Users from outside Mumbai/Bangalore can use either of the above numbers
- Once your twitter account is linked with SMSTweets, send “TWT <your message>” to 09220092200 (Mumbai) or 09243000111 (Bangalore)
For ex. SMS “Tweeting via SMS using SMSTweet” to 09220092200 or 09243000111
- Immediately after posting your message onto your timeline, SMSTweet will send you an SMS with latest @mention indicating your message has been successfully posted on your timeline.
Advantages of SMSTweet
- Tweet even with a simplest black&white mobile without worrying to have a data activated phone.
- Unlike on Airtel, use non-premium 10 digit number to Tweet that can cost you as low as 1 paise per SMS
Requested features in SMSTweet:
If any team member of SMSTweet is reading this post, it would be great to see the following features on SMSTweet:
- Ability to check friends’ timeline (or at least last few tweets by them)
- Ability to check recent @mentions and send & receive direct messages
- Check user details by entering their twitter handle, etc.