The latest handset maker to make its foray into the Indian market is Techcom. Techcom, a consumer electronics and computer hardware manufacturer, has announced the launch of 7 new phones, from basic phones to mid-level phones, for the consumer on a budget. The phones are named T21, T31, T33, T51, T55, T60 and TQ21.
Details of Tech-com Phones:
- Techcom T21: This is the flagship phone of the company which has features such as FM radio, Music player , 3.5mm audio jack and external memory. The phone comes at a mouth-watering price of around Rs.1500 and seems like an excellent bargain even though it doesn’t have a camera
- Techcom T31 : This is a dual-SIM camera phone from Techcom and even has an expandable memory of up to 4 GB. This handset is priced at around Rs.2000
- Techcom T33 : This phone is slightly more advanced in respect of features when compared to its above sibling. It has a 1.3MP camera, dual SIM, expandable memory of up to 8 GB,MP4 player and 3.5mm audio jack. It is priced at around Rs. 2700
- Techcom T51 : This is also a dual SIM phone with a 3GP/MP4 video player and FM radio and is priced at around Rs.2500.
- Techcom T55: This phone has a VGA camera, FM radio, expandable memory of up to 8GB and is priced at around Rs.3000
- Techcom T60: The features of this phone include 1.3 MP camera, GPRS, FM radio and dual SIM and costs around Rs.3500
- Techcom TQ21: This phone has access to social networking websites, has an expandable memory of up to 8GB,GPRS,dual SIM and most importantly has a QWERTY keypad along with Trackpad. It is priced at around Rs.4000
During a press conference, Mr. Sandeep Kedia, Director – Mobile Phone Division, Techcom said:
Techcom’s new handsets are in sync with the company’s history of innovation and commitment towards bringing affordable quality products to life. The Techcom handsets symbolize our pioneering technological advancement and continued focus on R&D which proves to be revolutionary in enhancing the mobile user experience. The handsets were designed with an eye on mass in urban and semi-urban areas. We will announce various promotional offers in the next six months for brand-building. Through over 100 distributors and almost 5000 retailers in India, Techcom will sell phones in the range of Rs 1,500 to Rs 4,000 currently. With a pan India presence of our offices and distributors, we hope to penetrate the Indian mobile market extensively in the next six months.