Virgin Mobile, which had plans to step into India, has finally made its entry in its own unique way. The uniqueness was in the launch where Richard Branson, the owner of Virgin group, performed a sky walk in front of the huge banner. Hereís some Gyaan on Virgin Mobile:
- Franchisee Agreement with Tata Teleservices
- Here to provide CDMA services under the brand name: Virgin Mobile
- Will mainly target the 400 million youth population of India
- Will start off with 50 cities initially and operations in 17 circles.
- Will provide call rates @ 50paise and cellphones in the range of Rs.2000-5000
- A user will be paid 10 paise for an incoming call that is more than a minute long
Whatís in store for you: The service provider has a good track record and can help raise the bar in terms of service offerings. Targeting the youth is a very smart option that the company has made and we hope to see better handsets being provided with the CDMA connections.
With the tagline reading Think Hatke, letís hope it really is Hatke.