- MNP Helplines of all Telecom Operators – Mobile Number Portability
- Vodafone Launches Social Networking Application for various Mobile & Computer Operating Systems
- [Tip] Things you should know Before Buying a Smart Phone
- Inception iPhone App takes you to a Dream World
- Walkthrough of the Available SmartPhone Operating Systems – Their Advantages and Disadvantages
Virgin Mobile, the youth brand of the nation has launched the GSM network in India starting with Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala and Orissa. Reportedly, it will be rolling its services across India in the coming 3 months’ time. The rates for Virgin’s GSM consumers as of now are as follows :
- 20p/min to STD and local to any Virgin mobile
- 40p/min to any other local network (Local)
- 50p/min to any STD
All the above rates are without any packs. The SMS packs are available starting from Rs 33 onwards which offers 2000 free local and national messages for 30 days.
At the press conference of it entering into the GSM market, Sir Richard Branson, Chairman and Founder of the Virgin Group, said:
The Virgin Mobile brand in India has created distinct benchmarks in the youth segment since the time of its launch. The success of the brand will now be leveraged further with the launch of its GSM offerings, bringing the youth an international mobile telephony experience. This moment of triumph truly emphasizes the group’s focus on deepening its presence in one of the most exciting markets in the world.
Virgin Mobile also said it will be the first telecom brand to offer its customers a full bill guarantee on prepaid. It even has a wide coverage of more than 300 towns, 60,000 RCV and 45,000 SUK outlets.