ACMarket offers Android users a whole new world of content. Just like the Play Store, it is an app store, but this one has modified and tweaked apps and games and loads of other unofficial content, all for free. Read on to find out how to install it.
How to Download ACMarket
This is quite simple, but you do need to install the .apk file so follow these steps carefully
- Click on the link to download AC Market to your device
- Open Settings > Security on your device
- Find and enable the Unknown Sources option
- Go to Downloads and double-tap on the .apk file you downloaded
- When the installation is complete, you will see the icon on your homepage
If the icon is not there, do these steps again
How to Use ACMarket
- Launch ACMarket on your device
- Tap Apps and then choose a category
- Search for the apps or games you want
- Tap on it and follow the in-app instructions for downloading it
ACMarket App Features
ACMarket has plenty of features:
- Android Apps – stock Android content, all free including premium apps and games
- ACMarket Apps – only found in ACMarket, nowhere else
- Tweaked Apps – Android stock apps with cool extra features
- Modified Games – best-selling Android games with unlocked and additional features
Frequently Asked Questions:
We hear a lot of questions about ACMarket and these are the most common ones:
What Platforms does ACMarket Support?
First and foremost it is an Android installer, offering only Android content. However, we have guides to let you install it on iOS and on Mac/Windows too.
Do I Have To Root My Android Device?
No, you don’t. However, there are definite advantages to doing so. First, any games already on your device will be modified by the installer, to give them new features. And, second, if you don’t root your device and you try to use some of the apps or games over the internet, the Play Store may block them.
Will My Warranty Be Safe?
Ye, it will. ACMarket installs like any official app and doesn’t need to break into the Android security to work. You might find it a different story if you use a tweak that changes the way your device works, but you can delete these if you need to.
ACMarket Error Fixes
ACMarket is a stable app, but there have been reports of it stopping working. We found several ways for you to fix this issue and all are easy:
Method 1: Reset Your App Preferences
This tends to be the most popular solution:
- Open Settings and tap on Apps (or App Manager)
- Tap on All Apps and then on Reset App Preferences
- Tap on Reset Now
- Close Settings and try again – it will now work
Method 2: Clearing Data and Cache For Package Installer
- Open Settings and go to Apps
- Tap on System Apps and then Package Installer
- Tap on Clear Data and then Clear Cache
- Try again, and the app should work fine
For those using Marshmallow, you will need to look in Storage for the options
Method 3: Enable Unknown Sources
If you omitted this step from the guide above, ACMarket would not work:
- Open Settings and go to Security
- Tap the box next to Unknown Sources to enable it
- Close settings
If ACMarket still doesn’t work, delete the app, keep this option enabled and install again.
Alternative Apps of ACMarket
If you really can’t get on with ACMarket or it kicks up too many errors, delete it and then have a look at an alternative option. Panda Helper offers iOS and Android content, loads of modified and tweaked apps and games and a few Cydia tweaks too. You don’t need to root your device, and it is free to use, so download Panda Helper and take a look at what’s on offer.
Try ACMarket, and it is the best Android alternative available today. With so many apps and games on offer, it will suit just about every user. It costs nothing to use, so you’ve nothing to lose.
Let us know what you think of ACMarket and follow us on Facebook for more Android-related tips.