Dow Jones, in association with Bharti Airtel, has launched a cool mobile application called The Wall Street Journal India. You can get information about the latest in International and Indian business news from The Wall Street Journal and Dow Jones Newswires through this application. This application is currently compatible with only Blackberry and Nokia Smart phones but will soon be able to work in other handsets also.
The Wall Street Journal India Mobile application can be downloaded from an Airtel mobile by sending an SMS as ‘WSJ‘ to 54321. The application download charges is completely free. However, users who want to access premium information about the financial market news and data, use the personalization function and the portfolio tracker, which helps monitor stock portfolios as well as mutual funds and commodities investments, they will have to pay a monthly subscription of Rs99 only.
Raghunath Mandava, Chief Marketing Officer – Mobile Services, Bharti Airtel said:
It has been Airtel’s endeavour to constantly innovate and lead the mobile content revolution in the country by delivering best in class products and services to customers and adding value to their lives on the go and wherever they go.The Wall Street Journal India Mobile application is our latest initiative that will empower our customers to make smarter decisions by accessing news and information from one of the world’s most trusted and premier providers of financial information.
A few of the Key features in this Wall Street Journal India Mobile application are as follows :
- Information regarding both Global and Local financial market news
- Other news include Business, Politics, Economics etc from India and abroad
- Exhaustive search and tracking capabilities for over 8,000 companies, mutual funds and all IPOs over the last three years with customized chart views and premium market commentary
- Videos and podcasts on news, technology trends and interviews with prominent entrepreneurs
- Leading lifestyle, travel and leisure content
- user-defined page personalization
So finally a prominent magazine such as the Wall Street Journal, is available on your business phone which will be very handy for the modern businessman.