Picture in Picture Mode is a feature made available by the developers on Android 8.0 Oreo and later. Picture in Picture or PIP is a special type of multi-window mode that lets the user watch a video or use an app in a small window pinned to a corner of the screen while navigating between other apps or going through various other contents of the Android phone.
This feature really makes it easy for individuals who like to multi-task on their smartphone. While watching a video on your tube you can simultaneously chat on WhatsApp. Or while chatting on chatting on WhatsApp you can simply have a glimpse of a live cricket score. And the list goes on and on.
This Picture in Picture mode is available on various apps, lets us see how to enable this on your device. The below method is being illustrated on a device running MIUI on Android 9 Pie.
Enable Picture in Picture Mode on Android
- On the device head towards the “Setting” panel. Scroll down a bit and click on “Additional Settings” under “System & Device“.
- Under additional settings, click on “Privacy“.
- Inside the resultant Privacy windows click on “Special App Access“.
- From inside the Special app access windows, select and click on “Picture-in-picture“.
- Now all the apps which support Picture in picture mode shall be listed. Simply select the one for which you need the mode enabled. And toggle on “Allow picture-in-picture” option.
You have finally enabled the picture in picture for your favorite app. Please note, the list will be populated for only those apps which are installed don your phone and support the picture in picture feature as of today. Also, you should at least have Android 8 Oreo for this to work in your favor.
Hope you could manage to enable the picture in picture mode on your Android smartphone. If you face any issues and have doubts about the above method, feel free to comment below.