The best part of having a Xiaomi Stock MIUI 9 or 10 ROM is the additional features that the company includes. We can easily theme as per our needs, set icon packs and get gestures for smooth OS operations. One of the most used features is the ability to take screenshots on your Android phone or tablet.
With Stock vanilla ROM’s the user can only take a screenshot of the window by pressing and holding Volume Down key and the Power button at the same time. Although there are third-party apps which can efficiently assign different gestures for taking a screenshot, our personal favorite would be the three-finger gesture.
Now with Xiaomi smartphone running MIUI 9 or later, can take screenshots via swipe three fingers down. Additionally, there are further settings to assign other pre-designed keystrokes or gestures.
In this particular post, we shall let you know how to enable this feature if it’s not enabled by default on MIUI 9 or later. Simply follow the procedure mentioned below step by step.
Enable Three Finger Screenshots on MIUI 10
- On your smartphone access “Settings” panel either via swiping down the notifications panel or by selecting the “Settings” icon from the app drawer.
- Now inside the Settings panel, scroll down to find and click on “Additional Settings” under “System & Device“.
- Inside the “Additional Settings” menu, find and click on “Button and gesture shortcuts“.
- On the resultant window, click on “Take a screenshot“.
- Going further, select ” Slide 3 fingers down” under “Button and Gesture Previews“.
You have successfully enabled the three-finger swipe down to take screenshots on your device running MIUI 9 or later. When you need a screenshot simply take three fingers and gently swipe down to take the screenshot of the currently opened window.
Post activating the swipe down gesture, alternatively volume down + power button function remains active and can be used whenever you want.
What do you think about this gesture to take screenshots, let us know via comments below? As always like our Facebook Page and Twitter handle to receive regular updates on such tips and tricks. Also, you can check out our How-To section for such articles.