Google has announced Nexus S that is being manufactured in partnership with Samsung. It will run on Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS and will be available unlocked, hence can be used with any GSM networks world-wide. This phone is better than Nexus One in various aspects, i.e. larger screen (with much lesser glare under sunlight) and 1GHZ A8 Humming bird processor. There are also improvements in Keyboard, camera, download management and copy paste feature.
Features of Google Nexus S
- 4 Inch (480×800) WVGA Super AMOLED 16M capacitive touch screen with multi touch capability
- Just 10.9mm thick which is 0.6mm slimmer than its previous version – Nexus one
- Accelerometer, Digital compass, Light sensor and Proximity sensor
- 1GHZ A8 Humming bird processor, Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS
- 512MB RAM, 16GB inbuilt Flash memory, Expandable up to 32GB with Micro SD
- 5Mp Camera with auto focus and LED Flash, Secondary front facing VGA Camera
- Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS with A-GPS
- 1500mAh Battery with Talk time of 6.7 h (3G) and 14 h (2G) and Standby 17.8 days (3G) 29.7 days (2G).
This phone will be available in US from December 16th and from 20th in UK. Nexus one phones will get Android 2.3 OTA update from now.
Nexus S 360 degree Video:
Nexus S features:
The specifications, looks and feel of Google nexus S looks quite familiar to that that of Samsung Galaxy S. Would you prefer Nexus S over Galaxy S? Why?