Not too long back we had reported about speculations of 5 new upcoming nexus devices and unlike those rumors, Google today announced only 1 Nexus phone in partnership with LG along with 2 other nexus tablets. Rumors also suggested that there could be a Nexus product launch during the same even which will have specifications inline to HTC’s recently launched Japan exclusive phone – HTC J Butterfly.
Anyways, lets not talk much about what was expected and not released. Here we go ahead with some details about new features and specifications of Google Nexus 4, its pricing and availability details.
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 4, unlike previous 3 Nexus phones, this time Google chose LG to manufacture Nexus 4 device. The phone is powered with a Quad Core S4 pro processor, 4.7″ screen with 1280×768 screen resolution leading to a whooping 320 PPI crisp display which is at par to Apple’s latest iPhone 5 retina display. A major drawback on the previous Galaxy Nexus has been worked upon too, Nexus 4 now comes with a 8MP rear camera and 1.3MP front facing camera for video calls. Other improved features on Nexus 4 is, a operating system, improved gesture typing, nicer Google now experience, etc. As far pricing is concerned, 8GB & 16GB unlocked model costs $299 and $349 respectively.
- Nexus 4, newest Google Nexus mobile phone manufactured by LG
- Spots 4.7″ screen with screen resolution of 1280×768. 320 PPI
- Quad Core S4 Pro Processor
- Camera upgraded to 8MP and a 1.3MP front camera
- Comes with newer version of Android – Android 4.2 (List of new features on Android 4.2)
- Priced at $299 and $349 for 8 and 16GB models respectively
- Will be available from November 13th in the U.S., U.K., Australia, France, Germany, Spain and Canada
Google Nexus 4 India Launch
Indian Android fans have a reason to be jovial too as, in a recent press meet LG official claimed that the new nexus device will make it to India sometime during the end of November. We keep our fingers crossed. Will update it on the blog as soon we get any information regarding the same.
(Image credit: TheVerge.com)