We love pixel smartphones and we are damn sure you like them as well. The stock vanilla unaltered UI is something we would die for. Apart from that, another major app exclusive for the Pixel range of devices is the stock dialer app which is seriously a cherry on top. Though the app is available on the play store it obviously does not support installation on other branded smartphones.
In this post, we shall let you know a small method which would let you install it and make it your default dialer app. This trick or probably a workaround does not require you to be rooted.
- Your device should be running Android 6 or later.
- Unknown sources are to be enabled. Go to your settings panel, head towards the “About Phone” section and hit the build no 7 times to enable “Developers Mode”. Under developers, option toggle on “Unknown Sources”.
- Working on Xiaomi, OnePlus and some Samsung devices only.
- Download the Google Phone APK first.
- Install the APK normally as we do. In case it asks for Unknown Sources simply enable it on the resultant window.
- Once the installation is done, you need to make it default dialer app on your phone. Before that do not open the app. To start, head to the Apps menu in Settings, then tap the gear icon near the top-right corner. From here, select “Phone app” from the list, then choose “Phone” when prompted.
- You have successfully enabled the Google pixel stock dialer app on your Android Smartphone.
Bugs and Known Issues
- The screen call feature is not present.
- Phone sometimes picks up the old native dialer app when you get an incoming call.
- In some phones the default phone app changes to a native app on every restart.
- You might have to install Google contacts in order to manage or edit contacts which would not be possible with your native contacts app.
- Hope you got it right on your Android Smartphone. Apart from the above issues if you face any other problem do let us know via comments below.