ICICI Bank recently launched a co-branded multicurrency travel card in association with goibibo. This card can be applied through goibibo website or mobile app whether you are a savings account holder in the bank or not.
These card promises to offer convenience as well as monetary benefits to the burgeoning section of international travel enthusiasts of the country. The card is acceptable across 200 countries and 46 million merchants globally and can be loaded with up to 15 currencies.
Benefits Entitled for Customers
- Goibibo travel card reserves benefit up to Rs. 20,000 including gift vouchers worth Rs 15,000 from Goibibo.
- Gift voucher of ‘goCash+’ worth Rs. 500/-. (goCash+ is fully redeemable Goibibo currency and can be fully redeemed up to the value on the travel portal)
- A discount of 40 paise on the currency conversion rate on the loading of minimum USD 1000
- Complimentary cards’ protection service offered by OneAssist wallet assistance worth Rs. 1,600. This provides theft/lost card protection to customers of up to Rs. 5 lakh
- A discount of Rs. 500/- on shopping at Croma outlets (including at airport and online)
- Ola discount voucher worth of Rs. 500 on a load of USD 1,000 and Rs. 1,000 on a load of USD 2,000
- Dining discount of flat 15% at 100+ Indian restaurants in 6 cities namely Kuala Lumpur, Dubai, London, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Bangkok.
While keeping customer convenience an utter priority, the bank portal either on the web or app lets the customer to instantly convert money from one currency to another as well as reload currency into the card anytime.
During the launch, Mr. Sudipta Roy, Head – Unsecured Assets, Credit Cards & Personal Loans, ICICI Bank said, “We are delighted to partner with Goibibo to offer our first co-branded multi-currency travel card. Customers have always been at the core of our innovations and offerings. So, we continually strive to provide improved convenience as well as more benefits to them. This offering is in line with that philosophy.
How to apply?
If you like to apply for the card, simply follow the steps mentioned below.
- Login to Goibibo website/mobile application
- Fill a few details like name, mobile number, passport number, Email ID, PIN number, etc.
- OTP received on mobile number and address
- Select the currency and amount to be loaded
- Make payment using ICICI Bank savings account or bill desk portal for non-ICICI Bank customers
Once the above steps are completed, further verifier visits customers address in a few working days to verify documents, collect photocopy of passport, pan card, visa, and hand deliver the travel card kit. The card gets activated within one working day of submission of the documents. For more info click here.