Motorola released Droid in U.S market on October 2009 which is UMTS based . Now the same phone has been launch in India on March 2010 as Milestone. It runs on Google’s Android operating system 2.1. It has MOTONAV – a voice-guided street-level navigable maps that shows map of 401 cities in India.
Features of Milestone
- 3.7″ TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors with Multi-touch
- 600 MHz ARM Cortex A8 processor, PowerVR SGX530 graphics
- Accelerometer and Proximity sensor
- Full QWERTY keyboard with 5-way navigation key
- 133 MB inbuilt Memory expandable up to 32GB (8GB Bundled), 256 MB RAM
- Connectivity – 3G (HSDPA), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v2.1 + A2DP and micro USB v2.0
- GPS with A-GPS support and MOTONAV pre- installed , Digital compass
- 5 MP camera with dual-LED flash, auto focus and Geo-tagging
- 1400 mAh battery Up to 350 h Stand-by and 6 h 30 min talktime
This phone is priced at Rs 32,990. This phone has lot of features such as google maps, voice search and Gmail, good battery and it runs in Andoid 2.1 which is latest. It lacks front camera for video calling, No FM radio and has got limited camera features. This phone is great competition to recently launched phones like Xperia X10, LG GW620 and many other devices.