We all love Xiaomi devices, don’t we? They are super affordable and premium looking, at least some of them do. All these products from Xiaomi whether in a budget segment or premium segment will have MIUI. Personally, we do not like MIUI and would rather go with a more stock version of Android. MIUI is heavily bloated with tonnes of apps which ideally we do not require. Some of these can be directly uninstalled but a major one of these are device locked and needs manual interference for uninstallation.
Mostly if you root your Android, you can simply do wonders with the device and its performance. But rooting isn’t an easy task for a majority of the Android users. We shall not be looking into the rooting aspects of MIUI here but shall share with you a very easy trick to uninstall bloatware from your Xiaomi device without rooting the device.
Please note this procedure will not 100 percent remove bloatware from your device running MIUI 7, 8 or 9. In our testing, we couldn’t remove many apps as intended.
Remove Bloatware From MIUI Without Root
- Download and Install MIUI Hidden Settings app (free app) from the play store.
- Once installed, open the app which will then greet you with a disclaimer. We request you to read that carefully and be aware of repercussions if any.
- Now on the resultant window, simply choose your Android version. If you are not clear what Android version are you on, then simply click on three bars on the top left-hand side of the app. This would provide you with your device information where you can easily figure out the Android version as well.
- Since we have Android 9 on MIUI 10, we shall be choosing that.
- Now click on Manage “Applications”.
- On the next page, you will be listed with the current apps installed on your device.
- Now select the app you need to either uninstall or disable. (Please note, most of the apps would only offer you to disable them).
- We went ahead and disabled apps which include Google Play Movies & TV, MIUI stock Messaging app, Mi Calculator, Google Photos.