Truecaller primarily is a call blocking app that now serves contacts database across regions. When you install it, the app accesses your phone’s contacts and saves it to its servers. Whenever you get an unknown call the app identifies its primary location and the name associated with the number. Users can also manually initiate a search to get details about the unknown call received on your phone.
In a recent incident, the app was automatically registering users to their UPI payment system called Trucaller Pay. The company further claimed that it was a glitch which was then solved with an update. Now even if you do not use Truecaller, you details we will disclose via any other person who might have your details on their phone and might be using the app.
Simply follow the steps below and unlist your number from Truecaller’s web servers. However please note, this method does not guarantees 100 percent removal of your number.
Deactivate Your Truecaller Profile
The very first step is to deactivate your Turecaller account if you are a verified user.
- On your Turecaller app, click on three bars to access the app settings.
- Select and click on “Settings“.
- Inside the “Settings” panel, towards the bottom select and click on “Privacy Center“.
- Now within the “Privacy Center” click on “Deactivate“.
- In the next step, you have to agree whether you need to deactivate your account or not. Click on “Yes“.
This would log you out of the device. You can either uninstall it or log in to the app again if required. Now that you have deactivated your Truecaller profile, you need to unlist your details from here servers.
To remove your numbers from their servers,
- Log on to https://www.truecaller.com/unlisting
- Enter the number you wish to remove.
- Check on Verify I’m not a robot and click on unlist phone number.
- You will get a confirmation for unlisting which might take up to 24 hours.
Though you have deactivated your account and unlisted your number as well, Truecaller cannot guarantee 100 percent removal. Since many of your friends might be using the app and have your phone number in their contact list.