At a press event earlier today, Samsung India has launched its latest flagship smartphone – Samsung Galaxy Note 7 in the country at a price of Rs 59,900. The Indian variant of the device supports Dual-SIM cards, Samsung Exynos 8890 Octa-core processor and supports up to 256 GB of expandable storage using micro-SD card. The device can be bought from offline as well as online stores starting September 2.
Pre-booking of the device starts from August 22 and those who pre-book the same on or before August 30 can avail a Samsung Gear VR headset at just Rs. 1,990 that originally costs approximately Rs 10,000 in India.
Jio Preview Offer
Needless to say, users who purchase the Galaxy Note 7 in India would be eligible for the Reliance Jio Preview offer wherein you get a free Jio 4G SIM card with 3 months of unlimited 4G data, calling, and SMS. In case you’re unaware, Jio and Samsung together rolled this preview offer about a month back for select Samsung smartphone users.
As of now, the phone is available in 4 color variants i.e. Gold Platinum, Silver Titanium, Onyx Blue, and Black.
Galaxy Note 7 Specifications
Being Samsung’s flagship smartphone, the Galaxy Note 7 features top-notch specifications that a smartphone user can demand. Listed below are few of the primary features and specifications of the device.
- Iris scanner – first in a Samsung smartphone
- Improved S Pen stylus
- Hybrid dual SIM support (use the 2nd slot either as a storage / SIM slot)
- Dual Edge 5.7 Inch QHD super AMOLED display with corning Gorilla Glass 5
- IP68 certified dust and water resistant body
- Samsung Exynos 8890 Octa-core processor
- 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB internal storage
- 12 MP and 5 MP rear and front cameras respectively
- Connectivity options include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc
- 3500 mAh battery
Link: Samsung Galaxy Note 7