Google Duo is a video chat mobile app developed by Google. Is Available for both Android and iOS operating systems. Apparently, it is also available to use on the Google Chrome browser on desktop and laptop computers. Google Duo has an ability to make high definition video calls which are well optimized for low-bandwidth networks.
Google Duo is based on phone numbers, allowing users to call someone from their contact list and features end to end encryption by default. With its development and version 56, users will now be able to share pictures with their friends and family.
How to Share Photos in Google Duo
By default, you will not find any option on the app which could let you share photos. As of now, only pictures are allowed to be shared whereas video sharing is not available at the moment.
- Select any picture you like from the gallery app of your phone and hit the share button available.
- This would invoke a lot of apps where you can share that picture.
- Now scroll and select the Google Duo app from the options available.
- This would take you to a window on Google Duo where you can either add text or scribble as per your needs.
- Once your desired editing is done, click on “Next“.
- On the resultant window, you will be able to share the same with up to 8 contacts of yours. Simply select the desired number and hit “Send“.
- You have successfully shared the picture on Google Duo.
However, please note the following
- The friend of yours will be notified about the picture on his or her phone.
- The receiving end should have an active Google Duo app installed on the phone with version 56 or later.
- Your friend can view the picture by tapping on the notification, and can even access it from your contact page for the next 24 hours.
- The receiving end will also get an option to either call you back or reply with their photo.