vShare was one of the first unofficial app installers to be released to provide a kind of alternative to Cydia. With a massive library of apps and games, lots of them modified with new features, and some Cydia tweaks and other content, it is certainly proving popular and is free to download and use. Read on for download details.
How to Download vShare App
vShare is a versatile app installer, with support for all major mobile and desktop platforms. Here are the steps for each one:
Method 1: For iOS Devices
- Go to your Safari browser and open the official vShare download page
- Tap Install on the page that opens
- Your settings app opens automatically, tap on Install Profile
- Type in your passcode if asked to and Safari browser opens
- On the page that opens, tap Install and then Install on the popup window
- Settings opens for the last time, tap Install
- Then tap Next > Done and wait; when the installation is done, the icon will show up on your home screen
If you don’t see it, repeat these steps because it hasn’t worked.
Method 2: For Android-based phones
- From your mobile browser, go to the vShare download page
- Before you do anything else, open Settings>Security and enable Unknown Sources
- Now go back to the vShare page and download the .apk file
- Go to Downloads on your device, find and double-tap the file
- Wait for the installation to finish and the icon to appear on your homepage.
Method 3: For Desktop
This works on both Mac OS and Windows, and there are two ways to do it:
vShare Helper App
- Download vShare Helper onto your computer
- Extract the file and double-click on the .exe file
- When the vShare Wizard opens, pick your installation location
- Click IPA File Auto Association>Install
- Click Go and, when asked to, plug in your device
- Look on the vShare screen for the app icon and click on it
- vShare will be installed
Using An Android Emulator
With an emulator, you can install the vshare.apk file – we recommend using Bluestacks as it is one of the easiest to use:
- Download Bluestacks
- Download the vshare.apk file
- Launch Bluestacks and search for vshare.apk
- Click on the result and wait for the installation to finish
- When done, you can use vShare via the Bluestacks home screen.
How to Use vShare App:
vShare is a user-friendly app; here’s how:
- Download it onto your choice of platform
- Open the installer by tapping the app icon
- Pick a category (see below) and tap on it
- Find an app or a game to download and tap it
- Tap Install and then wait; if any other instructions show up on the screen, follow them
- Enjoy your app or game
vShare offers plenty of features and, to help you out, the developers have used four easy categories to help you find what you want:
- App Store Apps – official app store content for free, including paid apps
- Exclusive Apps – exclusive to vShare – emulators, tweaks, movie apps, screen recorders and more
- Tweaked Apps – stock apps, new features to make them work better
- Modified Games – stock games, in-app purchases unlocked and new features added for free
VShare App’s Alternative Apps
vShare is a great installer, but it might not be to your taste. If you really don’t like it, just remove it from your device and try one of these alternatives:
Panda Helper offers a comprehensive range of both iOS and Android content – plenty of apps, games, Cydia tweaks, themes and more. It has a massive number of modified apps and games and receives regular updates, not just to keep it safe but to add new content.
ACMarket is an Android alternative, offering thousands of Android apps and games and providing users with a fantastic alternative app store. Lots of games and apps have been modified with new features, and everything is free to use.
vShare is one of the first and best third-party app installers, regularly updated with new content and completely free to use – no need to jailbreak either.